Sunday, May 20, 2018

May 18th, 2018 blog

Today is finally boat day! It was a two hour ride out to Bird Island, on the way I there I talked fish stories and swapped photos with Captain Oscar. Even though we could not speak each other’s language we still managed to share many laughs at our attempted communication. I sat up top the entire trip looking for wildlife. I seen the Blue Footed Boobie as well as other birds.  I was shutting my eyes taking in all action of the boat sway when I smelt it, I knew we had arrived at Bird Island. At first it slaps you in the face as if walking into a penguin exhibit. After a few minutes being submersed to this new area you get used to it. The islands are so covered in poop it has literally turned them white. The Sea Lions were amazing, the women and pups was super curious and came right up to you, as the males stood onshore and non-stop barked at us. They were all talk lol! I was slightly intimidated by them when swimming in big swells next to them but after I got in the sea kayak it was on. It  was a fabulous day watching the scuba team prep and come up was neat too. The icing on the cake was on the way into the harbor we ran into a pod of Common Bottlenose dolphins who played with are boat for a good ten minutes. There was about six of them, it was a perfect ending. LOVE being on a boat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment