Wednesday, May 23, 2018

It's been a couple of days since we have been back in the states, and while it feels amazing to be able to shower and use the bathroom in private as well as sleep in a bed with clean sheets and no mosquitos, the longer time goes on, the more I seem to miss my time at CEDO. Not only did I learn a lot about marine organisms and the way the tides work; the difference between spring and neap tides, the difference in organisms that inhabit the different substrates of the tides, and the incredible diversity of the Morua Estuary where the fresh water meets the sea water, but about the culture of Puerto Penasco itself. I developed a newfound respect for the community and the people that live there, where I had previously unappreciated it. Being at CEDO taught me that the people in the town really do care about the fishing village they inhabit and in protecting the diverse ecosystem that exist there. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to experience first hand everything that I did, and for all the friendships that I made along the way. This will be a trip that will never be forgotten and hard to be topped.
Trona Salt Mines
Boat we took Bird Island
Eco friendly home available for rent 

No comments:

Post a Comment